Wednesday, October 11, 2006

More on the weekend

One of the things I was going to write about was the hotel we stayed at Friday night. It was the worst hotel experience ever. Here's the capsule version: Wrong exit. Big fight. Line at check-in. Room way away from elevator. Rock-hard bed. Someone else given keys to our room. No soundproofing. Upstairs neighbors' radio at 1:30 a.m. No way to call front desk. Overflowing toilet at 4 a.m. Found out we had never even been checked in! Airport shuttle about to fall apart. In short, a disaster. I don't even want to waste time reliving the experience, but I cannot wait for that survey form from Hilton!

In other news, I found one! Men's rooms have had automatic hand dryers for years. Then they started introducing automatic-flush urinals. Then automatic water faucets. In the past year, I've started seeing automated soap dispensers. But I had never seen one restroom that combined all these features for the complete touch-free restroom experience. Until Monday morning, that is. The men's room at Wichita Mid-Continent Airport is the first one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home