Saturday, October 31, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

Okay, I think I'm over the hump with the Facebook addiction. I still feel compelled to check other people's activities every 20 minutes, but I'm no longer obsessed with updating my own status. That's progress, right?

An acquaintance passed away a week or so ago, and her memorial service is today. Yes, on Halloween. Apparently we're supposed to go in costume. This should be interesting. The last lesbian funeral we went to was four hours long! Can't anybody just wear black, cry and read the Twenty-third Psalm anymore?

After that, I guess we'll see if the neighbor kids come over to trick-or-treat, and then we might head to the bar. There's supposed to be some costume contest, and since we're already dressing up for the funeral... That's a weird sentence, huh?

Anyway, I now have a job interview before we leave for Australia, so I'm kind of nervous about that. I'm also suffering from anxiety about impending travel withdrawal, as our Australia trip is the last thing we have planned (and if I actually get the job, we won't have time to travel for awhile; but if I don't, we won't be able to AFFORD to travel until we pay off Australia). So, I booked a hotel room in Portland for the first weekend in March. Gives me something to look forward to, but I can cancel up to 24 hours in advance if I need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home