Friday, February 20, 2009

Discoveries

I love watching Univision. "Sabado Gigante" reminds me of the 70's. The telenovelas seem to have the hottest guys. But the other day (Sunday, I think), I was watching the morning show and they had music videos. There was one song that was catchy enough that I went to iTunes and spent 99 cents on it. Apparently there's a whole genre of music called Duranguense. Geez, how did I miss that my entire life?

I took a tour of the local welfare office today. You know, I like to think I'm fairly up to date on the affairs of the world and savvy about life, but there's just so much I've never been exposed to (fortunately, I suppose, in this case, but still...).

It's also nice to be reminded of things you've connected with in the past. Last weekend I had the radio on while I was in the office. One of the songs I heard was "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes. I've always liked the song, but never knew the title. I had to Google the lyrics to find out. It is now an iTunes acquisition as well.

Another example of this is gay athletes. When I was in law school, I took a Sports Law class and wrote a paper on gay athletes. Today I run across this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home