Friday, January 02, 2009

The fourteenth day of Christmas

Well, we're only six and a half short hours from home! It can't come soon enough, as I will probably need to go to the doctor when we get there. I managed to contract Montezuma's Revenge (or at least some sort of revenge) in Phoenix. At first I thought it was just food poisoning. But that generally passes in 24 hours, and I'm now into my third evening of "gastro-intestinal distress." Apparently you're not supposed to take more than four Imodium in a 24-hour period, so I'm waiting until bedtime for my next dose. My entire midsection is in pain of one form or another.

But aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? Not very good, actually. The condo in Phoenix was pretty much our worst experience with our timeshare. It took them half an hour (literally) to check us in. The bed was not TempurPedic like the timeshare in Tucson. When we got back to the unit on Tuesday night, there were NO parking spaces. We ended up parking several blocks away. Then on Wednesday there was the whole puking my guts out incident. So much for Phoenix...

Last night wasn't a lot better. The Wigwam in San Bernardino was better decorated than the one in Holbrook, but that's about it. The bed was WAY less comfortable. That, combined with the stomach issues, made for an uncomfortable experience all around. Neither of us felt much like driving through L.A. this morning (though the traffic was surprisingly light).

On the upside, we met up with three sets of friends along the way. I thought about calling folks in the Bay Area tonight, but I couldn't really leave the hotel room. I sent Stan out for dinner by himself. At least tonight the bed is comfortable.

I can't wait to be home!

3 Comments:

Blogger Annabelle said...

A tempurpedic? Woo! I love those! I saw one for a really good price at ultimatebackstore.com.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry it's been such hell for you since Phx. You put on a good face in Palm Springs!

5:26 PM  
Blogger PDSH said...

I was actually sort of "between bouts" of it when we stopped in PS. I'm feeling better tonight... so far. Enjoyed seeing you guys.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home