Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I was wrong and so were the pundits

I was not well enough to go back to work today, so I didn't. For awhile I was feeling guilty, like maybe I'm really better and just faking it. Then I had to run to the bank and I got so nauseous in the car!

So, we have spent the entire day on the couch, watching the Inauguration. I guess in a way I'm "lucky" to have been sick, because if I had been at work I would have had a meeting at 9:00 (noon Eastern). This way, I got to participate in the whole historical significance of the day. Not sure, though, that I wouldn't have traded skipping the day's events for having my stomach settled. I HAVE to go in to work tomorrow, better or not, because I have a mountain of work staring at me for next couple weeks.

Neither of us even feels well enough to go to the dollar store and stock up on cheese popcorn for "American Idol" tonight. (Did I mention that they got in a new shipment just in time for last week's premiere?) Of course, that also means we don't feel well enough to EAT the cheese corn if we had it...

Anyway, back to the Inauguration... wasn't that speech a bust? I mean, it wasn't a BAD speech, but for all the hype the talking heads on TV built up about what a great speaker President Obama is, there were no memorable lines a la "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," "With charity toward all and malice toward none," or "Ask not what your country can do for you." The best lines of the day were from the closing pastor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home