Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day two, perfect

Well, I was looking forward to a full day of watching college football (at least my Cats won). I knew Crater Lake would be cold. What I didn't reckon was how gorgeous it would be. It was beautiful and sunny today, scarcely a cloud anywhere. We took some picnic stuff and ate lunch (in the car; way too cold for a picnic table) overlooking the deepest lake in North America. Then we got to go to Sonic for dinner when we got back to town. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

The drive up along the Rogue River was stunning. We basically experienced two seasons in one day. There were maples along the river with turning leaves (I miss deciduous trees in the fall); then once we got into the park there was snow and the high temp was below freezing.

We did the full loop around the Rim Road, so I got to experience lots of views I hadn't seen on my prior trip. Here are a few of my favorites:




There are 150 others (literally). It was an amazing day. Made it back in time to see Oklahoma State beat Mizzou. Now I'm watching Ulimate Fighting until SNL comes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home