Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Sinuses suck

Anyone care to explain to me the evolutionary advantage of a hole in one's head that can be induced to fill up with mucous just by a little dust? The sinus canal may indeed be proof that God has a sense of humor - a really dark, sick sense of humor.

In case you haven't guessed by now, I am in my second day of misery. They are replacing the carpets at work, which has introduced literally 30 years worth of dust into the air I'm supposed to breathe. I was fine last week when they were working at the other end of the hall, but yesterday I moved some boxes for my boss and it all began. Not only does my head feel like it has been stuffed with lead weights, but I'm exhausted. I took a nap after work yesterday, got a full night's sleep, and still fell right back into bed when I got home (early) tonight.

In other news, I have added something new to my list of things to do before I die: go to a major-party political convention. I haven't watched all the coverage, but what I have watched has just seemed so exciting. No, I'm serious. And it's not just the drama of the groundbreaking candidates. The conventions appear to be perfect excuses for behavior (and modes of dress) that you wouldn't be caught dead participating in for the other 3 years and 51 weeks out of each quadrennium. (Unless these people act and dress like this all the time, in which case I don't want to be anywhere near them.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home