Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sick sweatshirt

Does everyone have that one "comfort" article of clothing that you wear when you're home sick on the couch? For me, it's a grey hooded sweatshirt that I use to literally "sweat out" whatever is ailing me. I had to pull it out yesterday. My boss has something with vaguely flu-like symptoms, and I came home at 3:00 with several of the same signs. I feel much better this morning, except my stomach still cannot handle the thought of any food with flavor.

The bad thing about living on the West Coast is that all the football games east of here start at 9:00 on Saturday morning. There's nothing inherently wrong with that; unlike when I was a teenager, I am now always awake by 9 on Saturdays. It's just that the TV stations are unwilling to pre-empt Saturday morning cartoons for football. I suppose I wouldn't mind if it were the SuperFriends or Smurfs, but now they have on stuff like funny Inca princes and kung fu skunks (and those are two of the better ones). I feel a little sorry for the kids of today and the shared cultural references they'll have when they get into their 30's. I guess maybe the "Howdy Doody" generation felt the same about our little blue creatures and their giant cat nemesis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home