Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Minnesota is cold in February

Okay, so that might not be a news flash, but I am SOOOO glad to live in California! We just got back from a trip to visit Mom & Dad (and their tenth great-grandchild; how can I be a great uncle that many times?). We got routed through Minneapolis, and it was COLD. Not just a little cold, SERIOUSLY cold. Way colder than Utah.

Anyway, it was nice to catch up. Got to see my aunt and uncle, one of my cousins and her kids, one of my high school classmates, and a former co-worker. Didn't get to see either of my siblings, though. Still, it was nice just to relax and be away--work has been insane since the end of January. But it is even nicer to be back. This really is home now.

The best part is being back EARLY. In the original plan, we wouldn't have been home for about another 45 minutes. But United had cheap fares on the shuttle to SFO this weekend, and we ended up getting on an even earlier return flight, so... Yea!

We have friends coming in next week, and work will still be crazy, so I'm not sure when I'll have time to blog. Maybe something good will happen on American Idol tonight...

2 Comments:

Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Glad you had a nice trip, though to be fair, you really should contact me sometime if you're flying out of/into KC.

7:24 AM  
Blogger PDSH said...

Wichita this time. But I'll be in KC July 9-16. Hopefully we can catch up then.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home