Sunday, December 30, 2007

'Tis the Season

Crab season, that is. We had crab benedicts for breakfast yesterday. We were in Gold Beach, OR. Originally we were supposed to go up to Washington this weekend to visit my cousin. But I am really stressed out at work and our finances aren't what I projected them to be at the time we made those plans, so we cancelled. Too late to cancel the first night's room in Gold Beach, though. So, what the heck; we went to Oregon for the night and came back. We took a full day for the drive and it was nice and relaxing, so I won't feel cheated by working on a Sunday and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Anyway, I love fresh crab. Crab season is one of the nice advantages of living on the coast. The only problem is that it gets stuck between teeth even worse than chicken does.

Ringing in '08 should be pretty low-key. I think we're going over to some friends' house. They are moving in Jan., so it will be nice to have a last hurrah with them before they go. Doesn't sound like there will be many people, which is fine. I'm saving all my party energy for Sundance.

Speaking of films, my other big weekend project has been burning demo DVD's. We've started videotaping our life. No one in my family has done much in the way of home movies since about 1974, but now that we have the digital camera I am teaching myself some rudimentary video editing skills. Lesson #1: A copy of a copy loses color quality.

2 Comments:

Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Speaking of home videos, did I ever show you this one?.

Happy New Year!

7:56 PM  
Blogger PDSH said...

Awesome. I may have to call you for editing advice!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home