Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I am still here

Not much of an update. Stan is still not working. He officially filed for unemployment. I worked over the three-day weekend. (Though we did take time out on Monday to do a picnic on the beach for lunch; I got a sunburn in the part of my hairline.) If I got OT, we'd be doing fine!

I took off early today (of course, I worked 12 hours yesterday and went in half an hour early this morning). I still have to finish up a big report, but I think I'll have time to work on it tomorrow. Planning to take Saturday off this weekend (at least from my regular job; I've agreed to volunteer at the church rummage sale starting at 7:30 in the morning).

Had a bit of a meltdown last night. Sometimes it seems like I work so hard and we're not gaining any ground. Of course, when I look at it over a 10-year period instead of one year, I know that's not true. Stan is getting to devote a lot more of his energy to things he really enjoys, and I've got a reasonably successful career going. Just have to reorient my focus away from all the things I haven't achieved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home