Sunday, May 24, 2009

I did it

I successfully changed a tire. That wasn't part of the plan for the weekend. The plan WAS to spend all day Saturday on the couch reading, spend today cleaning the house, and spend tomorrow in the office catching up in blissful solitude. The plan has gone largely along those lines, with evening wrinkles. Friday night we got last-minute tickets to a local production of "The Producers" and took friends to that. Last night, the same friends called us and invited us over to their place for cards. Tonight we went to the grocery store, where someone apparently slashed our rear driver's side tire. I struggled with the lug nuts for awhile, then we called AAA. While waiting for AAA to arrive, I re-read the instructions, found out that I had been turning the wrong direction, and got the spare on in about five minutes. So the Husband called AAA back and cancelled. Overall, it's been a weekend of achievement. I read a lot of my book yesterday (though I still haven't finished it) and I got through most of my outstanding e-mails. Today I got the house to a state of minimal squalor (except for the office, of course; there's got to be that one room where everything's piled up, right?). And of course there was the aforementioned tire-change. I think I'm going to sleep well tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Slashed tire? That's mean. I guess the bright side of it is that it was just the one tire.

5:37 AM  
Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Nice job on the tire. Just remember, Righty Tighty Lefty Loosey.

5:31 PM  
Blogger PDSH said...

Yes, I remembered that. But the problem with that little rhyme is: overhand left or underhand left? When you're going in a circle, all directions are both left and right. "Counterclockwise," as it says on the instructions under the spare compartment, is much more instructive.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home