Sunday, May 17, 2009

Like Frito's I'm tryin' to lay

I've been paying attention to song lyrics lately - even more so than normal. When I was back East for training, one of the instructors was big on relating song lyrics to our class themes. Then today the Husband revealed that he has composed music for a new song, but is desparately trying to concoct lyrics. In addition to the title of the post, here are some of my favorite lyrics from today:

Tell your boyfriend, if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't f---in' scared of him.

I try to run but see I'm not that fast. I think I'm first but surely finish last, last.

And an oldie but a goodie...
My friend the Communist holds meetings in his RV. I can't afford his gas, so I'm stuck here watchin' TV.

We heard these while driving to Oregon and back. I SHOULD have gone into the office today, but it was just a spectacular day (you know, the coastal summer months - May & September). So I decided we would go stock up on exotic Oregonian groceries instead (no fresh fruits or vegetables across the state line, of course). The plan was to drive straight through, since we didn't get out of town until about 2 p.m., then stop and take pictures of the beautiful day on the way back. Here's the part I didn't figure into this plan: the coastal fog decided that the nice day was OVER at precisely 7 p.m. No gorgeous shots of sunset on the ocean for us!

Oh well, at least we are now have months' worth of cat treats and laundry detergent...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home