Saturday, May 31, 2008

We all have the Sex

Well, last night was the moment we've all been waiting for: the opening of the Sex and the City movie. The Husband went out at lunch to buy tickets--for the 9:10 show. Good thing, too, because it was completely sold out. Pretty raucous (and heavily female) crowd. It was like a bachelorette party with a movie screen (complete with sneaked-in champagne and a 911 call at the end of the night).

Anyway, I'm not going to spoil the plot, but I will say a few things. First, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the ending. Second, it's not a cinematic masterpiece, but it definitely stays true to the series. The girls all look fabulous. Big is Big. Harry looks the same. Steve is still cute (less baby-faced and more distinguished). There are no sightings of Aidan or Aleksandr Petrovsky. (Aside: I recently saw a Movado ad in a magazine featuring Mikhail Baryshnikov, and clued in--I had never realized he was the one who played Petrovsky! I remember Baryshnikov in the 70's when he was still cute.) Speaking of folks to whom time has not been good: the actor who plays Smith. Yikes! Maybe that's why Samantha develops a new "lust interest" in the film (okay, 'nuff said about the plot).

After the movie, I just HAD to have a cosmo, so we stopped by the club. It was DEAD. Everyone must be out of town this weekend. That experience, as much as eating at the Cheesecake Factory last weekend, made me pine for urban living again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home