Thursday, May 08, 2008

Travelin' Men

Well, the PLAN was to limit ourselves to one trip per month for 2008. Maybe that way we'd save a little money, combat global warming, etc. But our April trip (to Tahoe) got cancelled, so we haven't been anywhere (other than a trip across the Oregon border for cheap groceries) since we got home from Vegas. Therefore, we are taking TWO trips in June. We are headed to Portland for The Husband's birthday (the big double-nickel). Then we are going to turn around the very next weekend and go to San Fran for a friend's son's bar mitzvah. We haven't been to the City in what seems like forever, as we stuck to the East Bay and South Bay when flying to Vegas. We'll be down there over Memorial--but only to park the car and head for L.A.--so it's nice to have an excuse to visit. (Plus, I found a good deal on a room at one of the Kimpton hotels that we've been wanting to try. I should have used Hilton points, I know, but I'm trying to figure out a way to save those for our trip to Copenhagen next summer.)

Due to the budget situation at work, I may have to cut my schedule. I'm hoping to have one Friday off each pay period. That would be great; I've worked out a schedule that coincides with a bunch of planned travel over the next year, and on the weeks we're here I could actually get stuff done around the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home