Sunday, July 02, 2006

Puttin' on the Ritz

You know how sometimes you just want to get dressed up? Since I have to dress nicely for work, most of the time I wear jeans and a t-shirt and/or sweatshirt on the weekends. I certainly don't want to put on a suit and tie. But yesterday I spent the morning helping a friend move (in jeans and a sweatshirt) and thus was feeling the need to get cleaned up before going over to friends' house last night. We were only going to play cards, but I just really couldn't force myself to put on another set of jeans. Instead, I ironed (!) a pair of cream-colored linen pants that are only appropriate three months out of the year and a shirt. It was the perfect "bar hopping after a day at the beach" outfit. Of course, it was 62 degrees, we didn't go bar hopping, and we hadn't been to the beach. Oh well... I have a sense that the impending trip to Montreal is driving me to practice dressing for show a little. I can't wait to wear the new outfit I found on our trip to SF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home