Thursday, June 29, 2006

Well, that was easy

Got to the hospital at 7:00. They had already done most of the admission paperwork. Went up to the room and got changed. Got to keep my jeans on. Nurse came and put the IV in (one poke!). Mom called to check on me. Then I waited...

Finally, at about two minutes 'til 9:00, the surgical nurse that I remembered from my two previous bouts with this came in and rolled me down to the ER. He hooked me up with oxygen and heart monitors. I asked when they were going to put the drugs in my IV. He said you might start feeling sleepy now. The doctor came in and we exchanged pleasantries.

All of a sudden, Stan is there, the doctor is there, and a nurse is shaking me awake... in the recovery room, at nearly 11:00! Doctor says the ulcers have healed but there's still some stomach irritation, so I have to stay on meds for now. (But hopefully no more of these scopes for awhile.)

We got home. I woke up at 2:42 p.m. to the sound of Stan snoring on the couch. I went to fix myself my first food since 10:00 last night. The sound of the oven door closing wakes him up.

The back of my throat doesn't hurt as much as the two previous times. I am starving, even after a bowl of soup and some pretzel bites. I would much preferred if the doctor had said I could cut back on the medicine, but I guess it's a generally good report.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

My throat hurt when I had my son thru c-section because when they were trying to put that tube down my throat, they scrubbed the back. So when they kept telling me to cough, all I felt was the knot they made trying to get the tube down.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home